Saturday, January 13, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

So today is the day I leave for Venice, but it's sort of anticlimactic just because I got to the Charlotte airport around 8 this morning, but since I have to fly through Atlanta and JFK before I get to Venice, I don't actually leave the country until dinner time. Talk about too much time to think! When I was wrestling with my huge carry on, my stupid quart sized plastic baggy of permitted carry on liquids, my coat, my laptop, my passport, etc, I realized that I am going to be completely on my own not just when I get to Venice and also have two overweight, massive suitcases to wrangle with, but also all the carry on stuff and just for the next four months in general. Time to grow up!

It's going to be hard to leave, especially after saying goodbye to everyone at day 1 of rush, not getting to say goodbye to some poeple, and then having a really nice going away dinner party at the Bowlings' house! They had a really cute cake made that said "Arrivederci" and they also gave me a beautiful bracelet to put charms on as I travel. I feel really badly that I'm going to miss baby Jack's birthday for the first time ever while I'll be gone. But, I know there'll be plenty more! I tried to take advantage of everything I could at home from tv to phone to being able to take a really long shower...I'm sure I won't be doing much of that sharing a house with 20 other people!

Anyways, flight 1 of 3 is about to board, and since I have way too much free time throughout the day, I'm sure this is just the first of many incoherent, slightly panicked ramblings of the day!

No comments: